Hello, Fellow Gardeners-
After reviewing Governor Brown’s Executive Order 2020-12, we consulted the Oregon Association of Nurseries for advice and reviewed our practices. Our employees that can work from home are doing so. Our staff members that are working at the nursery are following social/physical distancing guidelines.
Given the outdoor and spacious nature of our business, we can—with your help—maintain a healthy environment for both staff and customers.
For the Safety of our Customers and Employees, the following are the COVID-19 safety techniques we ask you to practice if you visit the nursery and gardens.
- Stay a minimum of 6 ft away from people not in your household
- Limit people per greenhouse to 4
- Do not enter the shop, office, or kitchen areas
- Visit during fair weather to make all of the above easier
If you want to buy plants at the nursery:
- Consider first the pre-order by email for curbside pickup option we offer.
- While browsing the nursery, pick out & box your own plants (staff can help if they are heavy) and load them into a cart
- When done shopping, visit the check-out/cash register station we have set up outside the shop (the former cash register location) under a tent
- At the check-out station, leave your plants in your cart and let staff members pull price tags from your plants
- Use credit/debit card for payment (not cash or check)
- Hold on to your payment card and insert it into the reader (please don’t hand the card to staff)
And please always follow the general health practices:
- Wash your hands
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and dispose of it immediately
- Stay home if you or any member of your household are sick
If you choose to stay at home, don’t forget that mail order is an option, too. We are grateful for the mail delivery personnel that are on the “front lines” keeping a large part of our economy rolling.
We appreciate anything you can do to support independent businesses while keeping yourself and your community safe.
—The Crew at Dancing Oaks Nursery