How to Pre-Order Plants & Pick them up at the Nursery
If you live locally, or you'll be in the area, you can pre-order plants and pull your car up close to our shop to pick them up... all while maintaining social distancing.
This is new for us, so bear with us while we work out inevitable wrinkles in the process. (Updated 3/20/2020)
Here's what to do:
- Visit our online plant collections to browse our inventory
• Note that for at-nursery pickup, you will pay lower prices than those listed on our website. See "Important Pricing Info*" below for details.
- Compile a list of plants including the size and quantity of each plant wanted.
• To avoid confusion, please use the full botanical name including cultivar name. Example: "Arachniodes simplicior 'Variegata'." (We suggest copying & pasting the plant name from the website into your email.)
- When your list is complete, copy it into an email, add the information below, and then send it to email@example.com.
• Please type YOUR NAME and "FOR NURSERY PICKUP" in the subject line of the email.
• Include a ballpark date and time you’d prefer to pick up the plants. (We will do our best to accommodate you.)
• Include a phone number in case we have a quick question.
- When we receive your email, we will confirm that everything you listed is in stock and then we'll generate an email invoice for your order.
Watch your email inbox for the invoice from us!
• The subject line will read "Dancing Oaks Nursery and Gardens ~ Invoice #Dxxx: Invoice requires payment for completion."
• Please add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your contact list to avoid your invoice going into the SPAM folder.
- After you open the email invoice, click the red "Complete your purchase" button to open our website and walk through the checkout process to complete your payment.
- After we receive your payment, we will pull and box your plants.
- When your plants are ready for pickup, you will receive another email confirmation.
- Your plants will be outside the shop, boxed with your name written on them.
- Please arrive for pickup during our regular retail hours; pull up to the big green shop beyond the parking spaces.
• If you will need assistance, please call ahead to let us know when you are coming to pick up your plants. In that case, you can stay in your car and we will load into your car for you.
• If you don't need assistance loading your plants, there's no need to call ahead as long as you come during business hours.
- .42 - .1.16 qt pots; subtract $4
- 1.15 qt pots; subtract $6
- 3qt pots; subtract $10
- In some cases, for tall/delicate plants, we add a higher handling fee. For those plants, we will subtract even more to reflect the at-nursery plant prices.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about this process!